Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We are home

We left the hospital yesterday at 3 pm. Dan is doing well, he is walking the dog and then resting... Of course his surgery site is sore but nothing tremendous. We put all the meds in pill boxes last night. The ones that he is supposed to take in the morning didn't fit there are so many. But the truth is that we are so lucky to live in this day and age where you can have a transplant and go home in 5 days!

It was great to be home and have a full night sleep!!! He is not the only one to feel better...

I have asked a friend to post some pictures because I don't know how- so hopefully you will see some soon. I will keep updating if you will keep reading... Thanks for all the good wishes sent our way. We know that all that energy worked really really well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It did not occur to me that I could see your status on the blog. Patti and I are very pleased for you guys, at a time that I know you must have thought would never come. Keep moving around and walking, I'll see you at Tierra soon and at the gym after that.

Bill Asbell & Patti Cowan

Drlisac said...

Congratulaltions. I am glad he is doing so well. home is always better than the hospital. We love you and are thinking of you Lisa Scott Chase and Kings

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov

Cathy said...

My son had a transplant 12 years ago. We bought the snack size baggies and sorted his AM and PM meds that way! No way would they ever fit in a pill box! I know you'll do well. My son is expecting a son who is due Nov. 1. We never thought that would be possible.
Best of luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We just learned of the great news! We are so happy for you both and hope to see you soon.

Martin and Lori Whitfield

Mitch Gallant said...

Dan, we are so thrilled for you. We have been thinking about you every day. Speedy recovery! Look forward to seeing the "New You" soon!.

Mitch and Stacey