Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday's update

Dan had a rough day on Sunday, retaining a lot of liquids which was very uncomfortable. Monday has been better. They took the catheter off and he had lost a lot of all the water weight. He is walking and sitting down (which hurts more) and resting. We took a post-transplant class and learned about all the meds etc. Good news: he has no dietary restrictions!!!!yeah!! so he can have the ice cream and coke I have waiting for him at home... But I also have some good food that I cooked for him (and the donor) in the freezer. AND we get to go home tomorrow! More to come

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe would like to get in on the ice cream action as well! We are looking forward to seeing you up and around, wearing pants and eating what you want! I hope the meds aren't too bad and that you have a very quick recovery, we continue to pray for your and your donors recovery. Joe says "Hi"!
Paul

Unknown said...

Ticha, I am so relieved that it has gone well. YOU deserve to have someone cook a great meal for you. I would if I could... Just to have him home will be a relief I am sure. My love to you both.