Friday, September 26, 2008

Home Hemodialysis

On Monday we went to visit the home hemodialysis clinic. This is where they will train us both on how to do the procedure. It was such a different experience from the one to the Peritoneal Dialysis clinic. The PD nurse that was going to train Dan was distant and we felt as if we were walking in the dark. This clinic has a different approach. I was more 'holistic' in that we met with the Clinic's manager, the nurse who will train us, the dietitian who will work with Dan on his diet and the Social worker. They explained the process, showed us the machine and encouraged us to ask questions. We felt very confident when we left.

Now the big question is when will Dan start Dialysis? Well, as he told the ladies at the clinic: I'm going to put it off as long as I can". Well there you have it. I think he will know when he must do it. The doctor will probably have to be very firm with him. I'll let you all know!!!

No comments: